Thursday, February 16, 2012

"Don't Get Mad At Me When You Have to Purchase Mad D-Batteries"

I'm a pretty great liar. Chris ceases to understand the lengths I will go to protect a surprise.


"You took my mailbox key, trickster Danni!"
"...what? I swear I didn't touch it. Maybe it broke off your keychain... that happened to me once. I'll call our association on my lunch break and order you a new one"

(Psh... I totally had that key)

I set up a scavenger hunt the night before Valentine's Day. The first clue was obviously in the dog food bin - It's the first thing he does when he gets up. Chris flew through most of the clues (save one). He got stumped with "Walk, SkinnyGirl, Walk" (it was the clue to his blu-ray, "Run, FatBoy, Run").

                                                  
The last clue was a small heart-shaped pillow that I made with our mailbox key stuffed inside! I drove it to my aunt's house and hid it in a basket. The end result was a happy husband with a new beard trimmer and a Samurai movie.

                                                   

My favorite part of Valentine's Day is always making Chris' day excellent. It's the best ever.

But, when I got home it was my turn! People just don't get me like Chris does. As I opened my gift and saw that it was a cast iron dutch oven, I almost jumped out of my seat. Just THINK of all the delicious things I'll cook it in!

                                                  
                                 

Then, we were off to a mystery dinner in St. Augustine. Chris, semi-blindly, picked a restaurant that he thought looked cozy and quaint. As we drove through the residential areas of St. Augustine, Chris says, "I'm sorry if we get there and it's in someone's house".

But, it wasn't someone's house. It was a tiny place with only 10 tables... and the greatest food. We were adventurous and tried all kinds of new things... scallops, pears on our salad, and shrimp bisque.
                           

                                                              

The drive home was spent sleepy, holding hands and singing along to "Stereo Hearts".

2 comments:

  1. Best Valentines yet kimi! You're the best Valentine ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you kimi! You're the bestest valentine ever!

    ReplyDelete