Thursday, February 9, 2012

Abuelita

My life could have gone two different ways: the way it should have gone and the way it is now.

I only need to tell you that had it not been for a little Bela and a great, big God, my life should have been empty. Every part of my past sets the stage for a troubled minority. You know the type: she finds attention in the wrong places, she doesn't pursue an education, and she definitely doesn't care about self-esteem. She's reckless. She probably finds comfort in drugs and men. Maybe she has a mediocre (at best) relationship with her family. Her favorite spot is at the club hanging on the arm of an ex-boyfriend. This is the Danielle I should have been.

But, I have a little abuelita. And, as far as I know, she was the only one who consistently prayed for me since the day I was born. And, these were BIG prayers - Prayers that would literally change the direction of my life.

You all know what my life looks like now. 
It's God's answer to Bela. And, she thanks me for who I am every time she calls.


1 comment:

  1. Love it, so so true! I'm thankful to her every single time I see my kimi!

    ReplyDelete